Climate Change Project Analysis & Regulatory Compliance
AKRF provides project analysis and regulatory compliance services for government and private clients to address climate change in environmental review. We evaluate opportunities to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and help clients comply with emerging regulations related to climate change.
Both New York State and New York City have asked for AKRF's input on addressing GHG emissions and climate change under environmental review. Our assessment of GHG emissions has helped define the standard for Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) under both New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) and the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).
With the current federal regulations requiring reporting and permitting of GHG emitting sources, we advise our clients about how these regulations affect them and guide them through the compliance process.
The scope of our services includes:
- Greenhouse gas emissions assessment and emission reduction strategies for EISs
- Climate Impact Assessment and Adaptation Strategies for EISs
- Compliance with U.S. Environmental Agency (USEPA) GHG Reporting Rule
- Compliance with USEPA GHG Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Tailoring Rule
- Compliance with Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
- RGGI Offset Project Applications