AKRF is a leader in environmental, planning, and permitting services for transportation initiatives.
No matter the size of the project—from nationally recognized transportation infrastructure to site-specific enhancements—AKRF’s strength is in working with project engineers to pinpoint critical issues and potential challenges early in the project, ensuring the successful completion of the project as quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively as possible.
AKRF’s multidisciplinary staff and integrated approach provide the full range of capabilities in the environmental assessment, traffic analysis, planning, engineering, construction monitoring, and permitting service areas that may be needed to evaluate alternatives, complete environmental review, and obtain permits for a wide variety of transportation initiatives.
The scope of our services includes:
- Project planning
- Alternatives analyses
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation
- Section 106 documentation and consultation
- Section 4(f) and Section 6(f) evaluations
- Environmental justice analyses and outreach programs
- Development and design of mitigation measures
- New Starts/Small Starts applications
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Construction management support services
Contact an AKRF expert for additional information.
Portal Bridge Capacity Enhancement Project AKRF led preparation of the EIS and an exhaustive alternatives analysis to determine the best configuration for the new bridge in NJ.
Second Avenue Subway AKRF prepared the EIS analyzing the full range of environmental impacts associated with both construction and operation of this new NYC subway line.